Instructions for leaf litter and other samples, sending samples and recording data
SPECIFIC TO LEAF LITTER SAMPLES
Each sample should be:
- Approximately 0.5–1 L of material per site (2 L maximum per site) in a Ziploc-style freezer bag with locality number or data clearly written on outside of bag; a label on the inside may deteriorate between when the sample is collected and when it is dried or worked through.
- Preferably dried, but if this is not possible, then please send soon after collection.
Data to include:
- Date collected.
- Locality name, description.
- Strongly encouraged: latitude and longitude derived from from a GPS, paper map, or electronic map (e.g., Fugawi or Softmap). Alternatively, use an online service such as National Atlas of Canada’s Toporama,Google Earth, or Google Maps to find the geoposition.
- Additional data is welcome (plant community, litter type, litter depth, elevation, etc.).
POSTAGE AND ADDRESS
I offer to pay the postage.
Please send to:
1890 McKinley Court
Kamloops, BC V2E 2L92